- Paid Vacation (1 week) after 1 year of service
- Paid vacation (2 weeks) after 2 years of service
- Paid vacation (3 weeks) after 5 years of service
- 50 % Employee Discount on Food purchased from Spice Rack (up to $50 maximum on each visit)
- Paid Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked, begin accruing upon hire)
- Company 401(k) with a match up to 100% on the first 5% of earnings
- Collecting used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Loading and unloading washing machines
- Washing specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant.
Dishwasher responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines and stacking washed items appropriately. If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts and, occasionally, during evenings or weekends.
Ultimately, you’ll help provide an unforgettable dining experience for our customers.
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
- Work experience as a Dishwasher
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- High school diploma is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Spice Rack where we create good memories by serving fresh and flavorful food using recipes that have been passed down over generations. Our Restaurant provides an authentic dining experience that is unique to the area.
With the owner, Nitin Chanana at the helm, Spice Rack’s team of highly experienced chefs always strives to keep up with the ever-changing Indian culinary landscape by bringing to our customers innovative fusion menu items right here in the heart of New Jersey. The focus of the entire team is always on serving fresh & intriguing cuisine along with great service so that our customers look forward to their next visit to Spice Rack.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)