- Paid Vacation (1 week) after 1 year of service
- Paid vacation (2 weeks) after 2 years of service
- Paid vacation (3 weeks) after 5 years of service
- 50 % Employee Discount on Food purchased from Spice Rack (up to $50 maximum on each visit)
- Paid Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked, begin accruing upon hire)
- Company 401(k) with a match up to 100% on the first 5% of earnings
- Delivering food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
- Acting as the point of contact between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicating food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities (e.g. food allergies)
- Experience as a Food Runner or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
- Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Spice Rack where we create good memories by serving fresh and flavorful food using recipes that have been passed down over generations. Our Restaurant provides an authentic dining experience that is unique to the area.
With the owner, Nitin Chanana at the helm, Spice Rack’s team of highly experienced chefs always strives to keep up with the ever-changing Indian culinary landscape by bringing to our customers innovative fusion menu items right here in the heart of New Jersey. The focus of the entire team is always on serving fresh & intriguing cuisine along with great service so that our customers look forward to their next visit to Spice Rack.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)