- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation (1 week) after 1 year of service
- Paid vacation (2 weeks) after 2 years of service
- Paid vacation (3 weeks) after 5 years of service
- 50 % Employee Discount on Food purchased from Spice Rack (up to $50 maximum on each visit)
- Paid Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked, begin accruing upon hire)
- Company 401(k) with a match up to 100% on the first 5% of earnings
- Health Insurance
- Coordinating daily restaurant management operations
- Delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction
- Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified team members, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like NCR Aloha
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Spice Rack where we create good memories by serving fresh and flavorful food using recipes that have been passed down over generations. Our Restaurant provides an authentic dining experience that is unique to the area.
With the owner, Nitin Chanana at the helm, Spice Rack’s team of highly experienced chefs always strives to keep up with the ever-changing Indian culinary landscape by bringing to our customers innovative fusion menu items right here in the heart of New Jersey. The focus of the entire team is always on serving fresh & intriguing cuisine along with great service so that our customers look forward to their next visit to Spice Rack.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)